After the scorching hot summers, monsoon comes as a relief for not only the people but also for the land. It also brings excitement and happiness, not only among the various group of people to get drenched in the rain. This getting wet brings in a lot of unwanted diseases and infections. Heavy monsoon affects a lot of places. Water gets logged in the street for long periods and also a lot of puddles are seen on the streets and even in the terrace and other sites. These puddles and waterlogged areas are the main places where diseases and infections are born eventually.
What Is The Disease That Occurs During Rainy Seasons?
Many diseases occur mainly in the monsoon season. These diseases are severe and often can be life-threatening. Some of them are:
- Diarrhea – A most common disease that happens during the monsoon season. The disease mainly occurs due to bad food habits and eating unhygienic food. The food is one of the main reasons’ diarrhea occurs. Another primary goal might be the water that people are consuming. Water also contains harmful bacteria that cause diarrhea.
- Viral fever – a lot of infections and virus are spread during this time of the year. One of the main reasons for catching viral illness is getting wet in the rain. The virus is highly active during this time, and it mainly happens due to the consumption of unhygienic food or contaminated food or water. The main symptoms are high fever, cold, nose.
- Cough and cold-If you get drenched in the shower you are likely to suffer from cough and cold. The symptoms of cold are that there will be a constant flow of mucus from the nose, slight fever, you will not have an appetite, regular sneeze.
- Typhoid: During the rainy seasons, people also suffer from typhoid. Typhus occurs due to the contamination of water with bacteria. The symptoms of typhoid are you will have a high fever, and the fever will go down suddenly for 2 to 3 hours then again it will rise, constant vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Dengue – Monsoon is the season when due to heavy rain a lot of water remains clogged in different parts of the city or with the premises of a building. This small waterlogged area is an ideal place for the dengue mosquitoes to breed in. The dengue is spread through mosquitoes. A lot of symptoms tells us that the patients are suffering from back pain, neck pain, fever, shivering, etc
These diseases might be very dangerous at some point in time. So proper medical treatment and advice are essential. People must not neglect the symptoms and should immediately visit the nearest pharmacy where a doctor is present and get themselves checked.
This will not only help them to take precautions from the diseases but will also help them in case they have any diseases. The right treatment for the disorders should start at the earliest for better results and quicker recovery.