Have you’ve been on the fence about receiving a botox treatment? Over 4.4 million procedures are performed each year. However, even though many people use botox, is it safe to use? Yes, botox is a non-invasive procedure that guarantees health benefits with low risk. If you are still unsure about the procedure, look at all the benefits botox can provide.
What is Botox?
Botox is a type of chemical that temporarily paralyzes nerves. Botox treatments are injected into the face to prevent wrinkles or treat other medical conditions. The injection lasts about three to six months before another treatment is necessary. Botox is safe; however, some side effects are associated with the drug. Such as:
- Trouble swallowing
- Neck, back, or arm pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Difficulty swallowing
Side effects of Botox are common but very mild. If you feel like the side effects are too much to handle, speak to your doctor about lowering the treatment. Otherwise, Botox has many beauty and health benefits that you will enjoy.
- No More Wrinkles – Since Botox paralyzes nerves, wrinkles magically disappear after the first treatment.
- Immediate Results – The procedure is fast and easy once the doctor understands where you would like the injections. It can take as little as 30 minutes from walk-in to walk out. Also, unlike surgery, the results will show on the face within days. Once the initial swelling subsides, you will notice a clear difference in your skin.
- The Natural Look – Botox is not plastic surgery. Therefore, you are just enhancing your natural features instead of changing how you look. Of course, there is nothing wrong with plastic surgery, but Botox allows your natural beauty to shine through.
- Inexpensive – Botox treatments are worth the price. And the price is a great deal for a minimum of twice a year treatments. Also, you save on beauty products such as anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, or blemish removal cream.
- Medical Conditions – Sometimes, physicians prescribe botox to treat certain medical conditions. Chronic migraines benefit from Botox to lower the pain, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating. Luckily, many insurance companies cover Botox when prescribed by a doctor.
Try Botox Today
Injections on the face can sound intimidating. However, Botox is a safe and medically operated procedure. The pain is minimal, but the benefits are worth it. The risks are low, and there are plenty of reasons to start a procedure today. You can speak to your doctor about Botox injections today. Or you can talk with a licensed medical professional at Botox Greenwood Village, Colorado-based. They can walk you through the procedure and help you pick the appropriate dosage. Don’t be afraid to get your injection today!